CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Sunday, July 5, 2009

Mental Paralysis of Sorts!

It's been pretty quiet here on the forefront. School is on the backburner for a month. Yeah, a single month is their idea of a "Summer Vacation", whoopdie-fucking-do.
Brain has been overloaded with soap, soap ideas, soap design. It's crazy because out of all the ideas I have, not a single thing has been produced. That's not entirely true, that sentance was more of a reference to my actual product design. I've been making soap, and I've sold a few. But now I'm coming up to the point where I need to a) develop a cohesive line, b) develop packaging for said line c) sell my ass off.
Seems pretty simple, but other things tend to take up my brainpower. Today is my novel which I have been working on for a year, scrapped it and started a new one-- around the same genre, a couple of months ago. Problem with that, is that once I get to a certain point, I feel paralyzed and cannot write any longer. I don't want to potentially mess it up with some kind of nonsense prose. That's what I'm battling today.
Oh yeah, and my shortcomings as an actor-- highlighted by a certain audition I attended where they asked me to read for three different parts-- all of which I flubbed in one way or another. Now, I'm dealing with an insecurity that's more of the knowledge scale. Maybe I just don't know enough yet to jump in headfirst-- although it was kind of fun at the same time, it's the looking back at it that makes me feel a little bit foolish.
But not enough to deter me. Skipping my acting class today since my partner won't be around. Can't act without my partner, but I can pick up the zen advice that my teacher tends to give to every student. I feel slightly guilty, but hey, it's a holiday weekend!
Made the cutest, yummiest single-use sugar/soap scrubs. Gotta buy jars to store them, gotta do labels to sell them-- but above all--- gotta design it before I get it all. See, paralyzing.
I thought maybe a couple of days off would rejuvenate me. Instead, I feel like my mind is bursting with ideas and I feel so paralyzed. Stuck.

Could be the cabin fever... I've been a hermit since Friday.

-sk

1 comment:

  1. OMG bitch you crazy! how could you scrap a novel that you worked on for a whole year, why not set it aside to finish another time? Believe me I know...Im writting a childrens novel...but thats crazy ness, maybe you need to get organized that would make it seem less like you have so much going on and don't know where to start let alone which way is up...just a thought dont mind my ramboling.

    ReplyDelete