CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Saturday, May 9, 2009

Friendship

Ok so I really didn’t have an interest to write again. I feel like people take my blog too literally or just misinterpret my words. I write what’s on my mind with no intention to hurt or judge anyone. Anyway this morning I wake up and start snooping around people’s pages and what not, so I came a cross this girls blog. She’s not really a friend just someone I went to college with and she’s just another face in the crowd to me. Anyway I was reading her blog and she happened to have a good point on friendship. What really constitute someone as a friend? An acquaintance? Or a BFF? Recently there has been these huge craze with Myspace and Facebook with people adding you and becoming your “friend”. Call me crazy but look at all your friends on Myspace and Facebook and ask yourself how many of those 300 people are really your friends? How many of them do you call often or trust? I recently had a girl request me as a friend but I honestly never really got to know her. I saw her in Pathmark and she totally pass by me and never said a word to me. I was like so why the fuck are we friends on Myspace??? Hmmm idk I thought that was interesting. It seems to be ok to add all these people as friends but some of them you probably never even had a conversation with. I guess is more like the more “friends” it seems you have the more popular you are? To me those people are probably the loneliest. I’m sure you’ll meet so many people thru out your life but only a hand full if you’re lucky will be with you for a lifetime. I’ve learn to try and not hold on too tight, let them go cuz the good one’s will always stay around. You have to stand clear of those fake friends, the one’s that only call you when they need something, or when you feel like the friendship is not mutual. You have to feel like someone is genuinely your friend because they like who you are or how they make you feel. Special friends as well as your significant other take hard work. You will see yourself doing things you don’t want to be doing, having them borrow things you will never see again. Having to compromise and most importantly swallowing your pride and having to say you’re sorry. They will disappear on you, diss you and probably not call you when you want them too. You will probably hate each other at one point, and feel like shit has changed. You will probably fight a bout the same boy/girl. Yes true friends will fight constantly and they will probably tell you shit you don’t want to hear but at the end of the day you know they have your best interest at heart. I’m know to always say the wrong things at the wrong times and for causing trouble too. But as a friend don’t I have the right to speak my mind as well? If something is bothering me don’t I have the right to say something about it, or better yet blog about it? A true friend will always accept and be there no matter how many crazy shit you get into or how many bad decisions you make. Being a true friend is accepting that you are both different, you will have different ideas and believes but at times you have to agree to disagree. Anyway my point is that I’ve never held a gun to someone’s head to be my friend. You are there cuz you want to be not because I’m making you. The door is always open as well, feel free to leave, breakup with me if you will. The same door will always be open if you decide you want to come in. A true friend will always find their way back to your heart no matter what you both been thru or how far the distance has been. I have hundreds of acquaintance, few friends and a hand full of bff’s. I always treasure those who have respect for me, who will do anything for me, who will defend me, and lastly someone who can share a quite moment with me. To be considered a bff not only do you get the best of me(And not for nothing but I can be fucking awsome and fucking halarious too! ;o)~) but you have to accept me at my worst as well(Yes I can get a little emotional and crazy!). You don’t have to be in constant touch with each other but as long as you send me a hi here and there just to let me know you’re thinking of me lets me know you care.


That’s all for now, I guess I was just missing some close and far away friends today.

With Love,

Weezy.

P. S. Boys/Girls have the bad habit of complaining about our “love interest”. He’s an ass, he did this and he did that. She's a cunt, she broke my heart blah blah blah. So as a friend what are we supposed to think? So we immediately judge them too, we think ok they are an ass and you shouldn’t be with him/her. but when you try and judge them too, or try to tell you how bad they are for you then you get mad and think we are being a bad friend. If you don’t want us to judge them then don’t complain about how bad he’s treating you or how fucked up she can be when you go back with them. As a friend we want what’s best for you and we try to give you advise only by what you tell us.


Sooo Tell me again, That we'll be Lovers and Friends, Sometime I wanna be your lover, Sometime I wanna be your friend……… (lol sorry this song just came to mind while I was finishing this blog! Lol)

1 comment:

  1. You are so right about the whole 200 friends thing. I had a "friend" who actually collected friends, probably still does, it was that kind of falseness, among other things, that I decided I didn't want to associate with her anymore. I can't stand that kind of "I want to be liked by everyone" pettiness.
    My other thing is, aside from old high school peeps, I do not accept any other friend requests. I have some familiar faces from high school FQ me and just don't accept.

    ReplyDelete